On Sunday May 9, the TOMILLO TRAIL was held, a test organized by the Yecla Fondistas Club and the Murcia Region Athletics Federation (FAMU). With the collaboration of the Hon. Yecla City Council and the Municipal Sports Service.
Being CHAMPIONSHIP OF THE MURCIA REGION OF TRAIL-RUNNING 2021. With a distance of 25 kilometers and a positive difference in altitude of +1386 m, traveling paths and tracks around the Sierra Salinas Nature Classroom.
Under the strictest COVID protocol in order to guarantee the safety of athletes, volunteers, judges, etc. At 9:30 am the test began with the participation of 200 athletes, including several from the Yecla Fondistas Club and the first three classified in each category were:
Female general classification
- Tania Salamanca Ruiz (UPCT Sports Club) 2:57:04
- Lourdes Heredia López (Mobel Automenor) 03:03:01
- Irma Lorena Duchi Gómez (Mobel Automenor) 03:03:40
Male general classification
- Alejandro García Carrillo (Club Atletisme Crevillent) 2:13:47
- Daniel Luque González (Virus Trail Running) 2:16:42
- Iván López Pérez (Soccer Club Barcelona) 2:17:11
Yecla Wine Route gave each of them a batch of products from the Yecla Wine Route.
And the first classified in each category: Tania Salamanca and Alejandro García each received a voucher for a wine tourism experience for two on the Yecla Wine Route.
The Wine Tourism Experience includes for two people:
- One night's accommodation in any of the RV-associated establishments.
- A Meal in any of the establishments associated with RV.
- A visit to the winery or oil mill with tasting included in any of the establishments associated with RV