Next Tuesday, December 18 and Wednesday, December 19, José Joaquín Cortes, sommelier and gastronomic consultant, organizes a Master Class on wines, gastronomy and its suggestive sale in hotels and commerce. Delivered by: JOSÉ JOAQUÍN CORTÉS, sommelier and gastronomic consultant, "Nariz de Oro" of Spain (+ info: www.josejoaquincortes.com)
The topics to be discussed will be:
- The wine
- Elementary notions of viticulture and oenology.
- Methodology of the wine sensorial.
- Gastronomic wine pairings techniques.
- Tasting of 5 representative types of DO YECLA wines according to varieties, elaboration, styles and production areas.
It is aimed at service professionals, commissary and kitchen in bars, restaurants and hotels. Also to professionals of distributors and specialized trade of wines and food.
- Duration : 8 to 10 hours approx.
- Hours : from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Training place : Tourist Qualification Center. C / Pintor Aurelio Pérez, 1. 30006 Murcia. ( see map )
- Registration : or through 620 070 640 (Jacob Martin)
- This training could be financed in a subsidized way through the social insurance credits of the participating companies.
The director of the master class, José Joaquín Cortés has a long professional career in the world of wine and gastronomy:
- He is a sommelier and freelance consultant for gourmet food and beverage companies, hotel and event management, nationally and internationally.
- Best sommelier of Spain "Nose of Gold" 2012, world runner-up in the "Habanosommelier International Contest" 2010, finalist of the UAES "Best Sommelier in Spain" contest, from 2009 to 2013.
- Expert in sensory analysis and specialist in wines, spirits, mixology, coffee, Habanos and gourmet food , is also a consultant and coffee sommelier of Nespresso at its headquarters in Switzerland and author of his gastronomic blog "Entre Copas" at www.josejoaquincortes. com .
- Specialist in training and gastronomic communication , has been collaborating with various institutions in the sector and media, such as his time at TVE's MasterChef, as well as in numerous events in the world of cinema.
- Born in Alicante and resident in Seville, where he began his career as a legal advisor and HR consultant in hospitality and tourism . He holds a degree in Law from the University of Valencia, a Diploma in International Business Management from the EOI of Seville and a CAP from the University of Seville.